View iSDP PowerPoint presentation.
The Center for Information Technology operates the Information Systems Designated Procurement (iSDP) to acquire and deliver brand-name software, hardware and services to NIH and DHHS personnel. The iSDP takes advantage of large volume purchasing agreements to provide significantly discounted prices to its customers. The iSDP also saves its participants time and money by eliminating the need to search for the best information systems deals.
iSDP provides major software titles, hardware and services to more than 54,000 customers, including 84% of DHHS personnel, and all of NIH. A $12 million cost, based on GSA schedule pricing, has been avoided with the iSDP.
The enrollment fees for iSDP depend on several factors: manufacturer agreement,
software requirements, and agency commitments. The enrollment fee is dependent upon the
level of participation and determines which software and support is available (see list
below). Please contact your IC/Agency Contact for specific product, pricing, and home use rights information.
Fees are due at the time of enrollment/renewal. The fees are paid through the CIT account
identified by the IC/Agency.
The following list represents software and support available through the iSDP.
- Windows XP (maintenance)
- Macintosh OS 9, OS X
Client Access Licenses (CALs)
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Corel WordPerfect Office 2000 Suite
- Network Associates McAfee Active Virus Defense; Netshield for Windows NT and NetWare servers
- Network Associates ePolicy Orchestrator
- Sybari Antigen
- Symantec Norton Antivirus
- TrendMicro ScanMail
- Dataviz MacLinkPlus Translators
Optional Server Software
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server or Advanced Server
- Microsoft SQL 2003 Standard Server or Enterprise Edition Server (processor based
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server
- Microsoft Host Integration Server 2003
- Novell Master Licensing Agreement (including client-side licensing for the Enterprise
License Products: Netware, Managewise, BorderManager, Z.E.N. Works, NDS, Groupwise, and
Microsoft Premier Support:
- Dedicated Technical Account Manager (DTAM);
- 150 incidents (total for all of DHHS); the IC/Agency may purchase additional blocks of incidents from Microsoft
- Premier ServiceDesk access;
- TechNet CD access (via http://www.microsoft.com/Technet/).
McAfee Technical Support
- Provided through CIT for NIH participants; provided through the named contacts for
Note: All software licensing includes the right to remain current, except Corel
WordPerfect Office, which cannot be upgraded beyond WordPerfect Office 2000. In addition,
iSDP provides the right to remain current for the Microsoft Operating Systems and Apple
Operating systems. iSDP also provides upgrade rights from 9x to NT/2000 for all
CIT provides software licenses, maintenance and support for workstation and server
products. The software license is amortized over the period of performance, following
which the IC/Agency is granted irrevocable license to use the software in perpetuity. The
software maintenance allows the participating IC/Agency to install the most recent
version of the software throughout the period of performance. The software support
includes Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) support mechanisms that are augmented by
IC/Agency Roles and Responsibilities
The IC/Agency names an IC/Agency contact, who will be responsible for program
administration within the IC/Agency. The contactís primary role is to assign roles to
IC/Agency staff for accessing and installing the available software.
This person has the responsibility to nominate technical personnel who will download or
install the software. The IC/Agency Contact reports the number of machines in each class
(Wintel, Macintosh, Server), and who authorizes the charge to the CIT account. This
person serves as the project point person. This person is responsible for ensuring
adherence to all software license provisions. The Contact may download software.
This person is the IC Agency technical lead. The IC/Agency Contact may grant the
Assistant permission to nominate additional IC/Agency Technicians.
This person performs the downloads/installations.
Open License Agreements
Open License Agreements do not require enrollment or enrollment fees. Customers may
purchase software directly by contacting the appropriate vendor. Click on the
manufacturer below to learn more about the specific agreement.