NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
CENTER FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Information Systems Designated Procurement ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The NIH Information Systems Designated Procurement Advisory Committee (iSDPAC) was established by the NIH Information Technology Management Committee (ITMC) upon the advice of the iSDP IT Investment Review Board (ITIRB), and at the request of the iSDP Program Manager (PM). The iSDPAC is an advisory group to the iSDP PM on software licensing requirements and issues, as they impact the mission of the NIH and its Institutes and Centers (ICs). The iSDPAC's purpose is to (1) review NIH and IC software license and technical support requirements, (2) make recommendations on acquisition of volume software licenses and support, (3) review iSDP programmatic approach and provide advice to the PM regarding specific IC requirements, and (4) provide program representation to the ICs, and the ITMC.
The July 2000 report of the iSDP ITIRB made 6 specific recommendations, including the creation of the iSDPAC. The ITIRB, composed of ITMC representatives, was appointed to develop specific recommendations designed to ensure that the iSDP provides an acceptable, mission-related function as well as an acceptable return on investment.
As an advisory group to the iSDP PM, the iSDPAC will:
- Advise the PM on:
- IC functional requirements for software licenses and support;
- the priority of iSDP projects in support of the NIH and IC Missions;
- proposed funding plans and financial strategies in the operation of NIH iSDP;
- development of, and adherence to IT standards, policies, and procedures for NIH;
- Communicate information about the iSDPAC's activities to the NIH community; and
- Assist the iSDP ITIRB in its continued fiscal review of the iSDP.
Membership: The iSDPAC will be composed of
- Chair: The Chair is selected annually by a majority vote of the iSDPAC members.
- Senior and Operational level IT representatives in the following areas:
Members may provide representation from multiple areas for an IC.
- Program Manager, NIH iSDP: The Program Manager is a non-voting member
Membership criteria: iSDPAC members are senior and operational level managers who will provide an IC perspective on software licensing issues. The IC’s ITMC representatives will select members. Membership will be limited to principals only, without designation of alternates. However, observing members may attend when the principal is unable to. Observing members may participate in discussion only after requesting, and receiving recognition of the Chair. Under no circumstance may an observing member participate in iSDPAC voting.
Quorum: A quorum for conducting business and making recommendations will consist of a simple majority of principal members.
Terms: The ITMC will be asked to review membership annually. Member may serve for up to 3 consecutive terms.
Roles and Responsibilities
1) Conduct iSDPAC meetings
2) Report iSDPAC recommendations to the ITMC and senior IC management officials
1) Attend meetings as scheduled and participate in deliberations
2) Determine when formal reports are to be provided to the ITMC.
The iSDPAC will meet on a quarterly basis. The Chair may also call meetings at other times, as needed. Meeting participation will be limited to principal or observing members and, at the Chair's discretion, to selected attendees or guests.
iSDPAC members will review this charter annually to ensure that it continues to define an appropriate mission and effective structure for advising the iSDP PM. This charter can be modified through a majority vote of the iSDP principals.