Development of the Dietary Guidelines is coordinated by
HHS's Office of Disease
Prevention and Health Promotion and USDA's Center for Nutrition Policy and
Promotion and Agricultural Research Service.
Current Edition of the Guidelines
The fifth edition of Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for
Americans, a joint publication of the Departments of Health
and Human Services and Agriculture, was released on May 30, 2000.
for PDF files is a free
Ordering Information for Printed Copies
Single copies of the Guidelines and Using the Dietary Guidelines
are available from the Consumer Information Center.
online or call 1-888-878-3256 (M-F, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time).
- Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for
Americans, Fifth Edition (2000), 44 pages, $4.75 each, item 136L.
- Using the Dietary Guidelines for Americans (2000), brochure, $0.50 each,
Many other Federal publications on food and nutrition are available from
Consumer Information Center Catalog.
HHS and USDA provide many sources of information on nutrition and health. Selected
resources are listed below:
- healthfinder®, HHS's gateway
to reliable health information, including diet,
lifestyle, and physical
- www.nutrition.gov, USDA's gateway
to nutrition information
- www.foodsafety.gov, FDA's gateway
to Federal food safety information
- National Action
Plan on Overweight and Obesity
- Cancer Information Service, National Cancer Institute,
- Center for Food Safety and Applied
Nutrition, FDA, HHS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion,
- Food and Nutrition Information Center,
National Agricultural Library, USDA
- Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood
Institute, NIH, HHS
- National Institute of Diabetes and
Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, HHS
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and
Alcoholism, NIH, HHS
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 by
ODPHP Web Support