346239 Active Vendors
This web site was copied prior to January 20, 2005. It is now a Federal record managed by the National Archives and Records Administration. External links, forms, and search boxes may not function within this collection. Learn more.   [hide]

menuVendor CornerGovernment ArenaSmall BusinessCCR HandbookAccess CCR DataHelp

Start New Registration
Finish Saved Registration Using Confirmation #
Renew or Update Registrations using TPIN
Search CCR
Find my DUNS
Find my CAGE
Federal Agency Registration
Dynamic Small Business Search

Vendor Corner

If you have any questions or complaints concerning CCR, you can send these questions to the following address: ccrhotline@dlis.dla.mil

Paperwork Reduction Act:

OMB No. 9000-0159 authorizes Central Contractor Registration to collect information from the public. This approval was received on 4/25/2003 and expires on 06/30/2006.


Quick Reference Guides

Learn how to:

Back to the Top of the Page

Information Collected

CCR collects two types of information - Mandatory and Optional. All the mandatory fields must be completed to submit a registration. The on-line application highlights these fields by coloring them green and marking them with a "*". If they are left off, the box is colored yellow and marked with an "!". The optional fields allow you to provide additional applicable company information. These fields are not required for submission.

Back to the Top of the Page

Processing Time

New registrations take approximately 48 hours to process in CCR. You can expect a shorter turn around, 24 hours, when you make update or renew an active registration. If you notice your registration is "In- Process" for longer than mentioned here please contact our CCR Assistance Center at 888-227-2423 or 269-961-4725.

Back to the Top of the Page

NAICS - What are they and where do I find them?

The North American Industrial Classification System or "NAICS" (pronounced "Nakes") are new codes that were developed by the Census Bureau to replace the current SIC Code. NAICS recognize hundreds of new businesses in our economy, primarily in the fast growing service sector. NAICS classifications will be updated regularly to keep pace with changing business conditions and information needs.The new numbering system provides 5 levels of classification containing detailed codes that have a maximum of six digits. The Government wide implementation of NAICS will continue through 2004.

These new codes have recently been added to the CCR Registrations. If you are currently active in CCR we recommend that you go in to renew your registration and enter these new codes. You can find this data field under the "Good and Services" tabs. There is a link provided under the description, this will bring you to a page that allows you to put a keyword to describe your product or service and it comes up with the corresponding NAICS. When you find the appropriate NAICS enter it in the field. When you are finished click "Submit" to renew your registration.

Visit the NAICS homepage.

Back to the Top of the Page

What's a TPIN?

Trading Partner Identification Number (TPIN) is a confidential password provided to you upon activation in CCR. The TPIN, when used in conjunction with your DUNS number, gives you access to your entire registration - including EFT. The TPIN is mailed via the US Postal Service to the person listed as the "CCR Point of Contact" under the "Points of Contact" tab in the CCR. You need to use this TPIN in order to update and/or renew your registration so watch for this letter and DON'T throw it away!

If your POC and your Alternate POC are no longer with the company, it will be necessary for you to mail or overnight a notarized letter, on letterhead from your legal staff, corporate council or an office of the company. You should mail the letter to:

Defense Logistics Information Service
74 Washington Ave N STE 7
Battle Creek MI 49017-3084

The TPIN is never provided to or used on government paperwork or contracts. If you've lost or feel that your TPIN has been compromised please contact our CCR Assistance Center at 888-227-2423 or 269-961-4725.

Back to the Top of the Page

Confirmation Numbers vs. TPIN

Both numbers are confidential and important. They allow you, when used in conjunction with your DUNS number, to access your CCR registration at different times.

To assist the registrant, CCR allows you to save your registration for completion at a later date. Once you have saved your registration, you can come back at anytime to complete the registration by supplying all of the necessary information. Upon activation in CCR your confirmation number is no longer valid, instead, your designated POC will receive your TPIN in the mail.

Bottom Line: Confirmation numbers are used to access SAVED (incomplete) registration and a TPIN is used to access your ACTIVE or EXPIRED registration.

Back to the Top of the Page

How do I get an MPIN?

Marketing Partner ID (MPIN): is a personal code that allows you to access other government applications such as the Past Performance Automated System, FedBizOpps and FedTeDS. The MPIN acts as your password in these other systems, and you should guard it as such. The MPIN must have 9 digits containing at least one alpha character (can be entered in upper or lower case) and one number (no spaces or special characters permitted).

If you currently have an active registration in CCR all you need to do in order to create an MPIN is to enter the information for the Government Business POC (this includes the actual MPIN). You can access your registration by going to the CCR Homepage and clicking on "Update or Renew Registration using TPIN" - remember to have your TPIN ready. Then click on the tab "Points of Contact". Scroll down to "Government Business POC" and fill out all the fields and the MPIN at the bottom of the page. Your registration will take approximately 24 hours to update. The MPIN location is at the bottom of the page not within the Government Business POC. The Past Performance POC also uses the MPIN in the PPAIS system. If filling out the Past Performance POC, MPIN is mandatory.

If you are not registered in CCR and need an MPIN, please view our CCR Handbook for instructions on what is needed for registration and details on how to register.

Back to the Top of the Page

CAGE Code Assignments

Background: The Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) code is a five character ID number used extensively within the Federal Government. The Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS), who administers the CAGE code system, has placed a CAGE code search feature on the Internet. This will help you determine if a code has been previously assigned to your company. If your company is located outside the United States please view "Tips for Companies located outside the U.S."

For those not listed in the database, the CAGE request process is incorporated in the CCR registration. Therefore, upon activation in CCR your company will be assigned a CAGE Code. As with the TPIN letter, the TPP/CAGE notification will be sent to the person listed under the CCR Point of Contact in the registration documentation. In addition, once your registration is active you can view your CAGE code on the web by searching the active registrations.

CCR is an authorized source for the assignment of CAGE Codes. CAGE Codes will be assigned to vendors as their CCR registration goes through the validation process. However, vendors that require a CAGE Code for a Security Clearance or for the assignment of a DODAAC Code do not need to go through CCR. They can submit the request on the DD Form 2051, "Request for Assignment of a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE)Code". Section A must be filled out and signed by their sponsoring government agency. The agency may also request the CAGE Code on their agency letterhead.

Back to the Top of the Page

How do I get a DUNS Number?

The Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number is a unique nine character identification number provided by the commercial company Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). Call D&B at 866-705-5711 if you do not have a DUNS number. The process to request a DUNS number takes about 10 minutes and is free of charge. Please view these instructions for obtaining your DUNS Number.

If you already have a DUNS number, the D&B representative will advise you over the phone. You must have a different 9 digit DUNS for each physical location/different address in your company as well as each legal division that may be co-located. When entering your DUNS number, enter only the numbers; do not include dashes. As a result of obtaining a DUNS number you might be included on D&B's marketing list that is sold to other companies. If you do not want your name/company included on this marketing list D&B has asked that you contact them, anytime, at the same numbers noted above to request they be removed.

Back to the Top of the Page

Novation Agreements

Reminder, CCR does not replace the paper process required by the FAR for novation agreements. If your company has merged, split, or simply changed its name, you must alert your contracting officer to accomplish a novation modification on any current contracts. This is an important step, as your payment on current contracts could be negatively impacted if the novation process is not completed. Please contact your contracting officer for details. Additionally, please note that any changes made to your company name in CCR when you have open contracts require contacting your Contracting Officer for a Novation Agreement.

Back to the Top of the Page

GIDM - Government Industry Data Mart

Government Industry Data Mart at http://www.dlis.dla.mil/gidm, Sponsor: DLA and DLIS. Through the GIDM, you have access to:

  • The Central Contractor Registration system is a repository of all companies and agencies registered to do business with the Department of Defense.
  • The Universal Directory of Commercial Items (UDCI) is a global catalog of items based on Commercial bar code (Universal Product Code (UPC) or European Article Number (EAN).
  • The U.S./Canada Joint Certification Program System assists in the identification of companies that have been assigned a Certification Number under the Joint Certification Program.
  • The Business Identification Number Cross-reference System (BINCS) identifies foreign and domestic government/commercial contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
  • The Interactive Government Industry Reference Data Edit and Review (IGIRDER) program works with Government manufacturers and suppliers to maintain the correct relationship between the CAGE code, manufacturer part number and National Stock Number.

Search BINCS.

Back to the Top of the Page

Finding Business

Now that you're registered, make sure you visit FedBizOpps.gov. FedBizOpps.gov is the single government point-of-entry (GPE) for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. Government buyers are able to publicize their business opportunities by posting information directly to FedBizOpps via the Internet. Through one portal - FedBizOpps (FBO) - commercial vendors seeking Federal markets for their products and services can search, monitor and retrieve opportunities solicited by the entire Federal contracting community.

Back to the Top of the Page

Tips for Companies Located Outside the United States

A foreign company that performs work outside the United States is required to register in CCR in order to be awarded a contract except for extenuating circumstances. See page 4.11-1 paragraph 4.1101(a)(5) in the FAR at http://www.acqnet.gov/far/FAC/fac01016.pdf

  1. Obtain a North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) CAGE (NCAGE) code from the appropriate source. (Companies with an address containing APO, FPO, or AE do not need an NCAGE, do not fill out the AC135. Just register in CCR at www.ccr.gov and you will receive a CAGE code.) The NCAGE code can be obtain directly from the Codification Bureau in your country. Please view the up-to-date list of countries and the information necessary to contact the Codification Bureau by visiting our web site at http://www.dlis.dla.mil/Forms/Form_AC135.asp.
  2. A Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) is NOT required.
  3. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) information is not required.

If you need assistance with your registration you can contact the CCR Assistance Center.

Back to the Top of the Page

The Scoop on SIC

Determining your company's SIC code can be difficult. You can view the entire list of SIC codes at http://www.osha.gov/oshstats/sicser.html.

Back to the Top of the Page

Getting Paid

When properly executed Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) makes for a faster more efficient method of payment. The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), receives, on a daily basis, vendor financial information found in CCR. DFAS uses the CCR information make the vendor payments. Therefore, it is extremely important that you keep your information current in CCR.

In addition, if your active registration expires while you are still under contract all payments from DFAS will stop. Again, it is very important to keep you information current and your registration active. This means that you must renew your registration at least once every 365 days.

If you are experiencing any delays in receiving payments from a Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) payment office, the applicable Customer Service office should be contacted. Please visit the DFAS homepage for details and contact information.

Back to the Top of the Page

Small Business Stop

Are you a small business? Think about starting your own company? Well, you've come to the right place. The Small Business Administration provides financial, technical and management assistance to help Americans start, run, and grow their businesses.

If you have selected "Small Business" as a CCR Business Type and are applying for a SBA certification as a Small Business, HUBZone, 8(a) Business Development Programs, or Small Disadvantaged Business, you must complete the small business supplemental page within CCR. Small Business must be checked when HUBZone, 8(a) Business Development Programs, or small disadvantaged business are selected.

Back to the Top of the Page

EC and the Government

Transitioning to an Electronic Commerce and Electronic Business (EC/EB) environment is a priority in the Department of Defense. The Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy electronic business office has the mission to develop, implement and integrate EC/EB applications that support the mission of DoD. Visit the Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy electronic business office to view what is happening in DoD EC/EB.

Link to the Procurement Technical Assistance Center to find out how EC effects you.

Back to the Top of the Page

Section 508 of The Rehabilitation Act Web Accessibility

The Defense Logistics Information Service (a DLA Activity) is committed to providing our employees, customers and visitors with the most current and timely information possible. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended, 29 U.S.C. Section 794d, requires that Federal agencies' electronic and information technology is accessible to people with disabilities. Web pages hosted by the Defense Logistics Information Service have been tested in accordance with the provisions of this Act. For additional information please visit http://www.dlis.dla.mil/hap.asp.