Some of the iSDP’s software agreements provide for home use. The term "home use"
refers to your right to install a second instance (copy) of software obtained through the iSDP on
Below is a summary of some of the current home use rights.
- Microsoft Office: Any IC/Agency enrolled in the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement prior to May 2001 has home use rights for Microsoft Office. The primary user of a desktop system that has home use rights can install a second instance of Office on either a laptop or home machine for the exclusive use by that person. See the list below to determine if your organization has home use rights for Microsoft Office.
- Operating Systems: There are no home use rights for any operating system. A second copy of Windows, or of Apple's OS, cannot be installed on any machine. If a Government-owned laptop should have operating
system updates, it should be considered for enrollment in the iSDP. Personally owned machines are expressly prohibited from enrollment.
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop: The person licensed for Adobe Acrobat and/or Photoshop can install a second instance of Acrobat and/or Photoshop on either a laptop or home machine for their exclusive use.
- McAfee Virus Scan: Network Associates provides for home use rights for McAfee Virus Scan. The software can be installed on one home computer in addition to the Government desktop.
- Statistical Software (SAS, S-PLUS, SPSS): The person licensed for statistical software can install additional instances of the software for their exclusive use.
- WordPerfect: You can install a second instance of WordPerfect on either a laptop or home machine for your exclusive use.
Even though home use is permitted in some cases, as referenced above, under no circumstances are home machines (i.e. personally owned machines) eligible for enrollment in the iSDP. For further information on Home Use Rights, please contact Dave Hunter.
Organizations with home use rights for Microsoft Office include:
- FDA/CBER (Other FDA centers have acquired a limited number of home use licenses, please check with your iSDP Contact point to determine participation.)
- IHS (Limited - check with your iSDP contact.)
- NIH (except NLM)