You are viewing a Web site, archived on 05:31:33 Oct 15, 2004. It is now a Federal record managed by the National Archives and Records Administration.
External links, forms, and search boxes may not function within this collection.

Office of the Special Assistant for Military Deployments Office of the Special Assistant for Military Deployments About Us Current Deployments Medical Readiness Past Deployments Contact Us News Current Issues Lessons Learned FAQs Search

Printer Friendly Version
Medical FAQs
Birth Defects
Blood Donations
Leukemia & Other Cancers
Medical Records
Pyridostigmine Bromide
Vaccinations & Immunizations
Operational FAQs

Medical Records

Q. I'm missing some of my medical records from the Gulf War. How can I obtain a copy of my medical records?

A. To obtain copies of in-patient hospital records from hospitals deployed to the Gulf, the veteran should call the Special Assistant's office at (800) 497-6261 to request a database search. The office will complete a request form and forward it to the veteran for signature and mailing to the record center.

Individual health records of former service members are archived in two locations. The Department of Veterans Affairs maintains records for U.S. Army veterans discharged after 1992; and U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine and U.S. Navy veterans discharged after 1994. To obtain copies, veterans may call the VA at (800) 827-1000. For all other records, veterans should write to:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132.

You can also access the National Archives and Records Administration's National Personnel Records Center Web site.