BindView Corporation (http://www.bindview.com/), based in Houston, Texas, provides IT security and management solutions. They offer a suite of products for securing and administering applications and platforms including Microsoft Windows and Exchange solutions, Novell NDS and eDirectory, UNIX, SAP, and OS/400 systems. BindView also offers a solution for Internet Security.
The two core BindView product suites, bv-Control and bv-Admin, are available through this agreement. bv-Control and bv-Admin work together to provide a comprehensive security management solution by assessing, auditing, and administering IT environments according to corporate security policies. bv-Control provides security and configuration management including in-depth security and administrative analysis features. bv-Admin provides visibility and control of the entire network, including multi-directory environments, and allows administrators to distribute and revoke authorities responsibly and consistently.
The audience for these BindView products is network administrators and persons responsible for network security, including ISSOs and Admins/TLCs.
bv-Control cross-platform solutions can immediately detect vulnerabilities within the network and alert security and system administrators of any critical issues. Action can be taken to correct them before system downtime or performance issues are experienced.
bv-Control solutions allow the user to:
- Manage daily configuration and operational issues, including password policies, effective rights analysis, and user accounts
- Get a robust reporting, analysis and correction engine
- Reduce the downtime resulting from improperly configured servers, memberships, and security holes
- Improve service levels by identifying and proactively correcting problems quickly and easily
- Reduce the occurrence of unknown security breaches by providing a simple method to assess compliance with security policies across the directory
- Leverage your existing technologies more effectively
bv-Admin allows visibility and control of an entire network, not just a single technology or application. bv-Admin solutions offer:
- Global Access
- A single, easy-to-use console that offers a global view of the entire network - Windows NT, Windows 2000, Microsoft Exchange, and Novell eDirectory.
- Offers flexibility with both customizable web-based and traditional Windows interfaces.
- Role-Based Administration
- Control rights and permissions based on what people need to accomplish.
- Prevent errors and simplify control with consistent cross-system authority delegation models.
- Speed grants and revocations of authority with Managed Collections - logical system-wide groups of resources.
- Scripting and Automation
- Automate routine and complex activities with a standards-based suite of COM-compatible scripting objects.
- Extend scripting flexibility to non-programmers with an interactive script generation wizard.
- An interactive administrative wizard to find problems and fix them, all in a single step, so you can stop wasting time on routine tasks.
The bv-Admin solution makes it easy to open up systems and resources yet maintain security at the same time by providing people with just the scope and degree of authority they need - and no more.
- Reduces the need for dedicated and powerful domain administrators
- Reduces the number of tools required to administer different operating systems and directories
- Decreases security risks that occur when administrators have too much authority
- Reduces time and effort required to perform migration to Windows 2000
- Simplifies the management of the environment in transition
- Minimizes the impact of the migration process on end users
- Automates complex and repetitive tasks with a powerful, non-proprietary scripting facility
The Agreement is available to all HHS employees. The major benefit of the agreement is that the licensing is focused on the client - you only need to license one copy of the console.
In order to receive the discounted pricing, the BindView products must be purchased from Daly Computers (http://www.daly.com/daly2002/customers/federal2.asp) on their ECS-II contract.
Julie West, Federal Sales
301-670-0381 ext. 306