Prescription Drug and Other Assistance Programs Search Help
In order to assist you in narrowing down your assistance program choices and choosing the
plan that's best for you, here are some tips for using the Prescription Drug and Other Assistance Programs tool:
There are 2 new ways you can move around within the site:
- Breadcrumbs Navigation Trail: Breadcrumbs tell you where you are in relation to
the rest of the website by showing a path or trail of the pages you visit. Breadcrumbs
consist of hyperlinks to the main web pages you visit so that you can quickly move around
the site without having to use your browser's "back" button. An example of a breadcrumb
navigation bar appears below. This example tells you that you are at the "Results" page.
Eligibility Questions > Results
- Tabbed Menu Bar: In the upper portion of the web page you will see different
"tabs" with linking words on each tab, going horizontally across the page. These tabs
take you to information about the particular area you are at in the website. The tab
that is highlighted indicates the page you are on while the other are "faded" in the
background. An example of a tabbed menu navigation bar appears below. This example
tells you that you are within the More Ways to Save section of the Prescription Drug
and Other Assistance Programs.
What you will need to get started.
- On the Eligibility Questions page, answers to questions # 1 - # 6 are required.
They will give you a list of programs available to you that are not dependent on income
and resource levels.
- If you choose to answer questions # 7 - # 9, the Prescription Drug and Other
Assistance Programs tool will search for additional programs that may provide additional
help with prescription drug or other health care costs whose eligibility is
dependent on the answers to these questions.
- On the Drug selection page, you are able to select a list of
drugs that will enhance the search to include programs that cover
the drugs you take or specific diseases.
- The "Review First" page under the Summary Results tab contains the details for the
program type that you may want to review first along with information for the new Medicare-
approved Drug Discount Card.
- The "Medicare Managed Care" page contains information about Managed Care plans available to
you that provide prescription drug coverage.
- The "Other Sources" page contains information about other Assistance Programs that
may be available to you.
Choosing the Font Size
At the top of your screen, select: View, Fonts (if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer)
at the top of your screen; or Options, General Preferences, Fonts (if you are using Netscape)
at the top of your screen.
Choose a font that is comfortable for you to see. A medium font will fit most charts on one
page. If you choose a large font, the print may be easier to read, but you may have to
scroll from left to right to see some parts of the charts.
you for using the Prescription Drug and Other Assistance Programs tool. We hope it will
make your health care coverage decisions easier.