You are viewing a Web site, archived on 05:30:47 Oct 27, 2004. It is now a Federal record managed by the National Archives and Records Administration.
External links, forms, and search boxes may not function within this collection.
Skip Links
U.S. Department of State
HomeContact UsEmail this PageFOIAPrivacy NoticeArchiveEspanol
U.S. Department of State
About the State Dept.Press and Public AffairsTravel and Living AbroadCountries and RegionsInternational IssuesHistory, Education and CultureBusiness CenterOther ServicesEmployment
Bureau of Administration
Office of Allowances
Foreign Per Diem Rates
 - 2004
 - 2003
 - 2002
 - 2001 (February to December)
 - 1995 to January 2001
 - Other Per Diem Rates

Foreign Per Diem Rates

Establishing Per Diem Rates:  Maximum rates of per diem allowances for travel in foreign areas are established by the Secretary of State and apply to all U.S. Government employees and contractors. For regulations pertaining to these rates, see the Federal Travel Regulations, Chapter 301-7, as established by the General Services Administration and implementing regulations established by Federal Agencies, (Foreign Affairs Manual - See 6 FAM 150; Defense Department Agencies - See Chapter 4 of the JFTR, Vol 1, for Members of the Uniformed Services and JTR, Vol 2, for Civilians.) Appendix B of Chapter 301of the Federal Travel Regulations also contains information on the allocation of M&IE rates to be used in making deductions from the M&IE allowance.

For domestic and non-contiguous U.S. per diem rates, please see :
* General Services Administration: Domestic Per Diem Rates (CONUS)
* Department of Defense: Non-contiguous U.S. Rates

Foreign Travel Per Diem rates are also available on our electronic subcription service.  

If you may have questions regarding the per diem rates, please contact the Office of Allowances.

Office of Allowances
Bureau of Administration
U.S. Department of State
Washington, DC 20522-0104
Telephone: (202) 663-1121
E-mail: AllowancesO@state.gov

The Office of Allowances can answer only questions or suggestions about the information posted on this web site. Allowances cannot respond to interpretation requests. Please submit interpretation requests to your employing agency/office.

This site is managed by the Bureau of Public Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
Copyright Information | Disclaimers