I/UCRC Annual Report Instructions
Who: I/UCRC who have
existing awards need to submit an Annual Report.
What: The Annual
Report contains information on the I/UCRC's
- activities and findings.
- evaluator report.
- and membership certification.
the report is due 90 days before the award expiration date. However, to assure
that your funds are readily available, it is strongly
advised that your report be submitted on or before
April 1 for the following fiscal year. Processing and other delays could push
the process back and delay your receipt of continued funding if not submitted
by April 1.
Where: FastLane must
be used to submit your annual report (instructions follow).
Why: To assure that
you have timely continued funding on your award.
You must submit an annual report if you receive any funds from NSF
as a partner institution. Note that you can copy and submit the same information
as provided by the lead institution.
How: Follow these
Getting into the system
- Use the Internet and go to http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/
- Select Proposals, Awards, and Status from the left menu.
- Enter the appropriate information that displays on the log-in screen. Contact
your sponsored research office if you forgot your password. After you log-in,
you'll see the Principal Investigator(PI)/Co-Principal Investigator(Co-PI)
- Select the Award and Reporting Functions option.
- Select the Project Reports System.
- You will then see a list of the NSF awards that you have. Highlight
the I/UCRC award that you want to apply for continued funding. Then click
the View button.
- Click on the continue button after reading the Publicity, Patent Rights,
and Privacy message.
- Enter the most recently completed fiscal year and click on the Annual/Project
Report button. (Considering this program's request to submit your report on
or before April 1, you may need to project the reports
- Enter the Project System Control Information to prepare the report.
Preparing the Report
Enter the information required in
the Project System Control Information as listed below.
- What people have worked on your project?
- What other organizations have been involved as partners?
- Have you had other collaborators or contacts?
- Activities and Findings. (Keep this short).
- Describe the major research and education activities of the project.
- Describe the major findings resulting from these activities.
- Describe the opportunities for training and development provided by
- Describe outreach activities your project has undertaken.
- Publications and Products
- What have you published as a result of this work?
- Journal Publications
- Books or other non-periodical one time publications
- What web site or other internet site have you created?
- What other specific products (databases, physical collections, educational
aids, software, instruments, or the like) have you developed?
- The principal discipline(s) of the project?
- Other disciplines of science or engineering?
- The development of human resources?
- The physical, institutional, or information resources that form the
infrastructure for research and education?
- Other aspects of public welfare beyond science and engineering such
as commercial technology, the economy, cost-efficient environmental protection
or solutions to social problems.
- Special Requirements
- A brief summary of the work to be performed during the next year of
support if changed from the original proposal.
Check and Submit Report.
Return to the Project System Control
Information screen to check and submit the report.
- Attach File - This is the section where you attach relevant files. Make
sure that you attach the following to your report using this option:
- Evaluator's Report - should be completed by the Center's evaluator and
follow the format outlined in the Evaluator's Handbook.
- Membership Certification - a list of cash Center membership fees received
in the most recently completed fiscal year. This list must be signed by
an authorized institutional representative.
- Check completeness - a list appears showing items that have been missed.
Enter the missing information or click the Nothing (Yet) to Report button.
- Review and or Submit - Check your report and see how it would look when
NSF reviews it. Then select either the Submit or Return button.
Should you have any questions, please
contact our I/UCRC Reporting Specialist, Greg Misiorek at firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone (703) 292-8383.