Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:03:50 -0500
Sender:       Healthy People 2010 News and Announcements
              <HEALTHYPEOPLE@LIST.NIH.GOV>
From:         Healthy People Website <HPWebsite@OSOPHS.DHHS.GOV>
Subject:      Healthy Vision Month

The National Eye Institute is pleased to announce that the Healthy Vision Month 2004 site is now available at www.healthyvision2010.org This year's focus is on diabetic retinopathy. Two new products have been developed to encourage annual dilated eye exams and healthy behaviors to keep health on "TRACK". Materials are available at no cost. On the site, you will find other diabetic retinopathy resources available from Healthy Vision 2010 Consortium members. If you have not joined the consortium, you can do so on this site. If your organization has materials and/or programs to support this objective www.healthyvision2010.org/eye_diseases/diabetic.htm , contact Linda Huss <mailto:lmh@nei.nih.gov> lmh@nei.nih.gov. We encourage you to share this information with your affiliates, members, chapters, and community-based organizations in your area. To help promote Healthy Vision Month, we have produced several items including print ads to use in publications and newsletters, a postcard that can be mailed to organizations in your area encouraging their participation, and the Healthy Vision Logo. For more information visit . <http://www.healthyvision2010.org/hvm/resources.asp> http://www.healthyvision2010.org/hvm/resources.asp New this year is the "Featured this week" section. Each week we will feature the activities of the a Healthy Vision 2010 Consortium member. Our first feature is on the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Rosemary Janiszewski, M.S, CHES Deputy Director, Office of Communication, Health Education, and Public Liaison National Eye Institute, NIH 31 Center Drive MSC 2510 Building 31 Room 6A32 Bethesda, MD 20892-2510 301-496-5248 301-402-1065 (fax) rjaniszewski@nei.nih.gov

[application/ms-tnef]