This web site was copied prior to January 20, 2005. It is now a Federal record managed by the National Archives and Records Administration. External links, forms, and search boxes may not function within this collection.
In 2000, NSF established the Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education (AC-ERE). NSF's Director, Dr. Rita Colwell, charged the Committee at its first meeting in October 2000. AC-ERE is to:
· Provide advice, recommendations and oversight concerning support for the NSF's environmental research and education portfolio.
· Be a base of contact with the scientific community to inform NSF of the impact of its research support and NSF-wide policies on the scientific community.
· Serve as a forum for consideration of interdisciplinary environmental topics as well as environmental activities in a wide range of disciplines.
· Provide broad input into long-range plans and partnership opportunities.
· Perform oversight of program management, overall program balance, and other aspects of program performance for environmental research and education activities.
To obtain copies of either the Full report or the
Summary report on "Complex Environmental Systems:
Synthesis for Earth, Life, and Society in the 21st
Century," please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.